Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Do You Wanna Go to Disney?

I mentioned in my previous entry to this blog I have five obsessions, the Lord, my family, photography, Christmas and then there is Disney. I wrote about one of my obsessions in Christmas and now today I tackle another, Disney.

I have anothere blog called Confessions of a Disney World Addict and I have multiple posts there about this part of my life. With the risk of repeating myself in two different blogs I will make this post short.

It all started in 1994, my obsession that is. I always liked Disney and my parents even took me to Disney World once when I was young and so was Walt Disney World. In 1994 my mother-in-law took her family to WDW and we spent about a week in central Florida during June and in my wife and my early marriage we got to experience WDW as a couple without kids. Fast forward to 2008 and we took our three kids on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. The two days wet our appetite for another trip and it happened in August of the next year right before we headed back to school.

Since then we have travelled back to Disney in 2012, 2013, and again in 2014. Each time we have gone we tried a new resort. First it was the Contemporary, then the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, Port Orleans Riverside, the Polynesian and this past year was spent at the Art of Animation. Our next rip which will be in April of 2015 we are going back to Port Orleans Riverside. I have aswered the most obvious question a few time in my previous blog.

One thing I like to do at WDW is to take pics and I am always trying to come up with new angles and subjects. My next trip will be a first with a "fisheye" lens, I cannot wait to try out the possibilities. Disney is best in the details and each of those details can be a photo subject. From the castle to the statues to the smallest decoration on the attractions.

However, the most anticipated thing about Walt Disney World is the feeling you get whenever you come into sight with the castle at the end of Main Street USA. I always have to catch my breath whenever I see it. Here is hoping that you get to feel the same sometime this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment